The Nub

The Nub
When the Revolution comes, a NUB will lead them!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Stereotypical Behaivor


What you say about his company
Is what you say about society.
-Catch the mist -Catch the myth
-Catch the mystery -Catch the drift.
NP-1980
 
Not sure exactly where this post is going tonight. I am sensing a bit of hate as my head feels like Mark Twain and Peter Dinklage are waging an epic war over Twain's desire to write a novel about a little hairy person at a pie eating/frog jumping contest and Peter is royally pissed about how Twain keeps calling him a short m-effing elf with white mans jumping ability. 

Also, as a Jet fan, seeing the NY Giants and NE Patriots standing at the end of a long NFL season makes me want to scream.  Look I know I am jerk, I know I am not "sensitive", I know I have potential to crop dust around the cubicles, but I don't deserve this.  I deserve more, I just do.  Wait what is this salty discharge?

Or it could be that my wife shared with me a major news report about the rise in kids with concussions from youth hockey.  Sure hope G isn't embarrassed when I send him out in his new bubble wrap uni.

I want to create a "Threadless" shirt logo for my future 3 Fingers inc. brand. I need someone with some artistic talent to illustrate my photo, create a logo, and we will try to get it sold on Threadless.com.  I 'll split the revenue with you, but I get full rights to the logo when I go large, know what I'm saying?  So if you are so inclined please share with me your artistic talent.  Just remember the nub is the star.

Quick rant on politics.  Is this it?  Newt? Mitt?  and Barack? Has there ever been a more odd collection of names running for President?  With the names I have seen my contemporaries throwing out there, I fear these 3 names are just the tip of the iceberg.  The 2042 elections might be contested by Ja'Mes, Savannah (first ever former stripper candidate), Aiden, Kaylee, or Jaquizz. Seriously concerned.


Randomness:

I watch Project Runway.  I am not ashamed.  I am all about Haute Couture.  The stuff they come up with in a short period of time makes me ashamed for how lame I am. Aint he pretty?




Better advice than this, I think not (sorry for the crude language kiddies):





Here is something I have been "literally" noodlin on.  (White Chocolate just threw up in her mouth). I am convinced that the population can be stereotypically categorized simply by asking "Do you like Leno, or Letterman".  I know that this argument will date me a bit because most people under 35 have no idea who either of those people are.   


Below is a rough draft of some things I was thinking about.  But it needs help, your help.  So please contribute.


If  you like Leno you stereotypically also like this:

Drink: Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Peach Schnapps, Mochachino


Car: Nothing Asian, German, muscle cars


Music: Top 40, Adult contemporary, stuff that makes you think you are hip, but are so lame you don't even know it.

Marital Status: Married, but love to talk about strippers you have never seen and big plots of land!

Food: Fast, butter and cheese filled, boring.


Domesticated Pets: Dogs with sweaters, and you own magnets with cats on them


Political leanings: Right, but you support gay marriage, and power at all costs


Church: Catholic Creasters (Christmas and Easter only, but you act pious all the time)


Favorite TV Show: Friends, The OReilly Factor, NCIS, Two and Half Men, and if there was a 24 hour Law and Order or Murder She Wrote station you may never leave.



If you like Letterman you stereotypically like this:

Drink: Coke, Seltzer Water, dirty Martini's with blue cheese olives


Car: Hybrids, taxi, or you ride a bike


Music: Rap, Modern County, and Hard Rock. You probably like a band and follow them closely

Marital Status: Married but you make it sound bad to your friends cause you think it makes you
sound cool


Food: Could be a vegan, a prick about variety and freshness, and you're an unbelievable fruit snob.


Domesticated Pets: Dogs who track mud in the house, and you think cats are gay


Political Leanings: Left, but you are extremely fiscally conservative, and you crave power at all costs.


Church: No thank you

Favorite TV Show: Seinfeld, Daily Show, Colbert Report, Breaking Bad, Sherlock, and you secretly wish you had a YUUUUP truck


This needs work, a lot of work.  Please help a 3 fingered nub ridden dim witted brother out.

Stop reading if you don't want seriousness, or keep reading if you need to fall asleep reading about my favorite historical figure: John Adams. An essential read is David McCullough's John Adamshttp://www.amazon.com/John Adams Adams had so much foresight about what Government could and should do, and what it shouldn't. Today I feel like we still fight over the same things, and today the greed, the riches spent trying to acquire power, and the hatred between us is at an all-time high.  Adam's believed this:

"Religion, superstition, oaths, education, laws, all give away before passions, interests, and power... Was there, or will there ever be a nation whose individuals were all equal, in natural and acquired qualities, in virtues, talents, and riches? The answer in all mankind must be in the negative"  McCullough writes that Adams was not so concerned about a President staying in office too long, but that frequent elections often brought out the worst in people and led to increased chances of foreign influence. 

Of course he never envisioned what our political campaigns would look like and the utter depravity surrounding them, but damn was he right.  So if I had a say, 1 term 7 years, elections were no longer than 4 months and you can't raise funds.  We set aside money for elections, and when we get to 3 candidates they split the money equally, voting is all done online.

I miss people who actually gave a crap like John Adams.


Good Night and enjoy your life because the Illinois Lottery is trying to kill you.

3 Fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment