The Nub

The Nub
When the Revolution comes, a NUB will lead them!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Eli on a boat scoring

As I type this horseshoe in his keester QB, Eli just caught another huge break and completes a Hail effing Mary! The stat of never having all 8 home teams win in the first 2 weeks of playoffs is in serious, SERIOUS danger.  Apparently Tebow told God to touch Eli today.  (not in that way you goobers).  In one guys career how often do you get this in big big moments?



I am not a cruise guy.  I find the thought of being trapped on a boat for days at a time with people  I don't know, don't want to know and being forced to pay silly prices for alcohol is against my religion. But knowing that even today this could happen, well, yeah not happening. Ever.


5:00 AM hit me hard this morning.  Used to be that if I decided as I did yesterday to watch 6 hours of football, imbibe a bit, and eat like I was 20 I could get up and be a champ.  I am old now, and that just doesn't work.  I would like to formally apologize to my downstairs toilet.

Still can't get over how Ice time is so precious that it forces these young kids and hungover dads to get up at  the old people brunch hour.  Fascinates me my son can pop right up to get going for practice that early, Tuesday morning for school, no chance.

Today I got to see the little bits of improvement that you hope to see for the effing investment of time and money.  On position, short ice 4 on 4 drills, G man played his wing position like a savvy vet, got to the circle and fired scoring 2 huge goals.  In the 2 goalie drill he battled.  Coaches give out medals to the player who practiced or played the hardest. Every kid and coach to a man/kid unanimously voted for G.  He was beaming. Its the little things like that that make kids grow, and parents proud.


Randomness:

I can take no credit for this as I read this on the awesome You Tube Hall of Fame blog on Grantland.  But this video from 1984 is so comical, it must be shared.  Gives whole new meaning to "The Stroke"



Most anticipated show coming up? Deadliest Catch:



Amazing how a show that is really nothing more than meatheads on a boat pulling up cages of crabs always keeps me intrigued.


Justified is coming back soon.  It is sooo good. Please watch!



Saw this again today, and I think it moved Jerry!


No comments:

Post a Comment